|Address:||100 Duff Street|
|Architectural Style:||Vernacular; Barn|
|Year Built:||c. 1870; c. 1910|
A house appears on this site as early as 1871, at which time the property was owned by E. Riley. By 1896 it was owned by W. Durbin. It is a simple one and a half house with a side gable. The long ell at the rear was likely added in the late-19th century, though it is difficult to determine exactly when this expansion occurred. A wide, full-length front porch is also a later addition. The tracery between each column, each with decorative brackets, and the delicate spindle ballustrade were influenced by Stick Style elements, a subset of Queen Anne architecture. The early-20th century barn to the south of this house shows the use of pre-cut, machine-sawed lumber and mass-produced nails.