|Address:||409 Gaskin Avenue (now part of 411 Gaskin)|
|Year Built:||c. 1860|
This house was built sometime in the mid-19th century, perhaps by a gentleman named D. Hunt. Hunt is listed as the property owner in both the 1871 and 1896 county atlases. However, Hunt died on August 24, 1867, so it is more likely that his widow remained at the house, or that the deed had transferred to one of his sons. Little is known about Hunt, but he appears to have been a farmer. The Hunt family came to Knox county in 1838.
The entrance to this small, single family home does not face the street, but rather is located on the south side of the building. Like it's neighbor at 407 Gaskin Avenue, it is a one and one half story structure with a steeply pitched gable roof. Unlike its neighbor, it is a gable end and is most likely has a simple hall and parlor floor plan. A brick chimney rises from the center of the roof.