|Address:||400 Block East Gaskin Avenue|
|Year Built:||c. 1866|
|Original Owner:||Village of Gambier|
Oak Grove was established soon after the end of the Civil War, most likely around 1866 based on the military graves, or in the early-1870s. It was established specifically as the municipal cemetery for the Village of Gambier (Kenyon College had its own cemetery), and continues to serve as the village's public burial grounds. It includes everything from extremely modest to highly elaborate monuments, and is laid out on a simple grid with very little landscaping.
A number of Union soldiers who perished in the Civil War are buries here, many from the 20th Ohio Infantry. It is likely that these soldiers were buried in military cemeteries in the South, and were brought back to Ohio in the years following the war to be reinterred by their families. Prominent Gambier citizens interred here include merchants A. G. Scott and Sabin R. Doolittle, and blacksmith Francis Penhorwood.
The only building in the cemetery is a small concrete-block chapel near the center that appears to date to the early-20th century. The western section of the cemetery is filled with burials dating from the 1870s to the first half of the 20th century. the norther, southern, and eastern sections have a number of more recent burials. Oak Grove Cemetery is enclosed by a black wrought-iron fence that runs along Gaskin Avenue. A series of winding gravel paths provide access to each section of the cemetery, and only a few trees are planted within the grounds.