|Address:||601 North Gay Street|
|Architectural Style:||Colonial Revival|
|Year Built:||c. 1925|
|Original Owner:||Robert Hart|
The house was probably built by Robert Hart, who founded the Knox County Oil Company in the 1920s. In 1930, the company became part of the Ohio Oil Company of Finlay, now Marathon Oil Company. This deal gave Ohio its first company-controlled retail outlets in Ohio.
A rather large house of Colonial Revival design, the house features a front portico decorated with dentil motif, functional shutters, and trabeated sidelights around the front doorway. On the 2nd story of the house, a window with a rounded top is accented by an upward bulge in the roof. The rear elevation of the house features large windows.