|Address:||7 East Sugar Street Street|
|Year Built:||c. 1865|
The home was purchased in the 1860s by Henry L. Curtis from its original owners. He was the son of a very wealthy lawyer and businessman, Henry B. Curtis. Most of the home’s elaborate features date from his ownership. Since the turn of the century, it has housed the Hanna Browning Home for the Aged.
A cornice with paired brackets, shaped stone lintels, carved front double-doors, and an ornate bay window are among the home’s fine Italianate features. A cupola with brackets sits atop the low hip roof. Elaborate side and front porches accent the façade, and are of a Gothic design. An original servant’s wing projects from the main square structure. Two additions were added early in the 20th century on the north and west sides, when the house was converted from a private residence to a nursing home.