|Address:||103 East Sugar Street Street|
|Year Built:||c. 1903|
|Original Owner:||Leroy G. Hunt|
The house was probably built for Leroy G. Hunt, who served as Mayor of Mount Vernon from 1896 to 1900. Recorded oratories from Hunt’s tenure as mayor include a speech to two encampments of the Ohio Grand Army of the Republic. When the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks came to Mount Vernon in 1889 and instituted Mount Vernon Lodge No. 140, Hunt was deemed Exalted Ruler.
A rather small house with a great amount of ornamentation, the house features stone lintels and sills on the windows. The flared gables have imbricated shingles in the gable ends. On the side of the house, there is a version of Palladian window. An addition has been made to the rear of the house.