|Address:||211 North Main Street|
|Year Built:||c. 1840|
|Original Owner:||Samuel Elliott|
The home was built by Samuel Elliott about 1840. He came to Mount Vernon from Pittsburgh in 1829 to engage in the mercantile business with his brother, Alexander, who later owned the home. It was moved to its present location from a lot next to the court house on East High Street in the early-20th century. The home is an important part of the street’s cultural fabric.
The Samuel Elliott House is a Greek Revival structure featuring two pediments, an entablature, and 6-over-6 sash windows. A Federal doorway with an elliptical fanlight, sidelights, and Corinthian columns was installed in the 1920s after the building was moved to its present site.