|Address:||401 North Main Street|
|Architectural Style:||Queen Anne|
|Year Built:||c. 1890|
|Original Owner:||Frank J. Mead|
The home was probably built by Frank J. Mead about 1890. Although little is known for certain about Mead, it seems that he may have inherited much of his wealth from his father, who was a local dry goods merchant. The home supports the overall historic and architectural nature of the area.
The lower portion of this Queen Anne home is made of brick, while the upper part is of frame construction. A tower is attached to one corner, having a mansard roof, and one side features projecting gables which together form a small balcony. The front gable is decorated with a stick and spindle design, and a recessed area features seashells imbedded in stucco. 2nd-story roofs are truncated, allowing the gable to project at the corners.