|Address:||406 North Main Street|
|Architectural Style:||Greek Revival|
|Year Built:||c. 1853|
|Original Owner:||Archibald Greenlee|
The home was probably built about 1853 by Archibald Greenlee, a furniture maker, who had earlier lived in nearby Fredericktown. When the Village of Fredericktown was incorporated on March 22, 1850, Greenlee was elected a trustee. A later owner of the home was S. C. Taylor, an insurance adjuster for the local Knox Mutual Insurance Company.
A well-proportioned pediment with a window, sidelights and transom surround the door, and a fine Doric portico with two columns and an entablature, are among the home’s Greek Revival features. The home lacks an entablature, and instead has a series of paired brackets, probably added after it was built. A rear addition has also been added, as has an ornate Italianate side porch.