|Address:||107 North Gay Street|
|Architectural Style:||Greek Revival|
|Year Built:||c. 1845|
|Original Owner:||Daniel Clark|
This early Greek Revival house was built by Daniel Clark, who was an accomplished local architect and carpenter. Among the buildings known to have been built from his designs is the present Knox County Courthouse, a “temple of justice” of very fine design.
The home is a well-preserved Greek Revival with a well-proportioned pediment, distinct full entablature, wood pilasters, and wood lintels around the front door, among its original features. An early wing, with good proportions and broken entablature, projects from the principle temple shaped section on the east. Victorian double doors have replaced the original sidelights and transom. A two-story columned porch in the rear was added at a later date.