|Address:||210 North Gay Street|
|Year Built:||c. 1866|
|Original Owner:||John C. Ramsey|
This small home, and the house next door, were built by John C. Ramsey around 1866, likely to serve as rental properties. Ramsey was a cashier with the county’s largest bank, and was associated with a local gas street lighting firm.
This simply constructed brick home is dominated by its single gable facing the street. Three segmental windows, tow on either side of the front door, as well as one above it, pierce the façade. A dormer window projects from one side of the gable roof. Shutters have been added to the windows and the front porch likely dates from the early-20th century.