|Address:||211 North Gay Street|
|Year Built:||c. 1850|
|Architect/Builder:||Clark L. Bennett|
|Original Owner:||Clark L. Bennett|
This house was likely built by Clark L. Bennett, a brick-maker who came to Mount Vernon in 1832, and who later became the owner of a livery stable. He supplied his feed and livery services on West Gambier Street, near Main.
The house is plain, except for corbelled brickwork under the eaves. The house is on a smaller scale than that of the houses surrounding it, indicating that its builder was probably of rather modest means. A brick addition to the rear was an early alteration, and a porch on the front of the building is of recent construction.