|Address:||503 East High Street|
|Architectural Style:||Greek Revival|
|Year Built:||c. 1843|
|Original Owner:||C. P. Buckingham|
The house was built by C. P. Buckingham, a graduate of West Point who later served as the Adjutant General of Ohio throughout most of the Civil War. Buckingham supervised the distribution of supplies going to the troops in the field. He also founded the Kokosing Iron Works and taught mathematics at nearby Kenyon College in the Village of Gambier.
The home occupies a large lot, and is one of the finest Greek Revival buildings to be found along East High Street. The brick home is defined by a large front-facing pediment. The front door is framed by sidelights and transom. A servants' wing on the east side of the house also has a pediment, with the added feature of eyebrow windows.