|Address:||505 East High Street|
|Year Built:||c. 1870|
The home was owned for many years by Plimpton B. Chase, who was the owner of Lake Hiawatha Park, a very popular Victorian pleasure ground that attracted visitors from all over Ohio to central Knox County. Hiawatha Park was located on what is now the Knox County Fairgrounds.
The overhanging cornice supported by brackets and segmental window with carved stone lintels are both common to the Italianate style. The large picture window with leaded glass was likely added around the same time as the porch in early-20th century. The front door features a sidelight and transom surround, which were also likely added at a later time. A servants' wing can be seen projecting from the side of the house.