|Address:||506 East High Street|
|Year Built:||c. 1874|
|Original Owner:||J. C. Armstrong|
J. C. "Clark" Armstrong built this house around 1874. He was a wealthy grocer, and his business partner, G. W. Armstrong, built his own home across the street at a later date. The stone foundation was actually laid two years before the rest of the house was completed. Characteristics of Italianate architecture includes a wide cornice with brackets and frieze panels, small pilasters at each corner, and delicate wood trim surrounding the windows. The front entrance features a double-door with iron screens covered by a bracketed canopy. There is some evidence that this home may once have had a cupola.