|Address:||106 East Vine Street (formerly 104)|
|Year Built:||c. 1840|
Built sometime in the early-19th century by William Brophy shortly after his arrival around 1834, this house reflects the growing trend of Mount Vernon's wealthier residents building homes on the east side of the city. Some of its Federal style features include plain stone lintels, simple side gables with end chimneys, and long narrow massing along as its main facade. While there is not currently an entrance located along East Vine Street, there is some evidence in the brick to suggest there was a doorway near the center of the facade that would have been accessed by a set of stairs. Two oriel windows were added at a much later date, likely around the same time as the side porches.