|Address:||115 East Vine Street|
|Year Built:||c. 1868|
|Original Owner:||Rev. Oren H. Newton|
Reverend Oren H. Newton was a Presbyterian minister. He at one time served as the chaplain of the Ohio Penitentiary in Columbus, Ohio. It was during that time where he became heavily involved in the prison reform movement initiated to improve the conditions of the Penitentiary and similar institutions around the state.
Reverend Newton built this house, as well as its neighbor around 1868. The Italianate features include the typical wide overhanging cornice, here supported by paired brackets. Stone lintels protect the tall windows, and a small servants' wing is present at the rear. The columned front porch is a much later, early-20th century addition.