|Address:||207 East Gambier Street|
|Architectural Style:||Greek Revival; Italianate addition|
|Year Built:||c. 1840s|
This house is named for the family of Charles Albert Bope, a Civil War Veteran who owned and managed a hardware store at 114 South Main Street in downtown Mount Vernon. He and his wife were married on Thanksgiving Day, 1885 and were members of St. Paul’s Episcopal Church. The Bope family inhabited the large brick dwelling for about sixty years.
Among the home's distinguishing features are the ionic portico placed on the right of the façade, which created a mirror image with the Thomas House, located at 301 East Gambier Street.